How do you like your home? Fresh, spacious, and pleasant smelling. Right? But, you may feel uneasy at home because of the bad odour. Unpleasant smells from the kitchen, bathrooms, backyards can pervade the house. Dust particles from the outside can also make the home surroundings uncomfortable to live in. Well, keeping your home clean and tidy is one of ensuring it is safe for living. There are a few more steps that you undertake to make your abode a healthy and pleasant place for your family members.
- Place Flower Vases: Place flower vases in your dining room, living area, and rooms. Use fresh-cut flowers as they give out fragrance and bring in a touch of natural freshness to the setting. Change the flowers on a frequent basis. Go for seasonal flowers and you will have a variety of blooms to display. Many online florists serve you with flower subscription facilities delivering flowers for your home at your doorstep at regular intervals.
- Burn Incense Sticks: Use scented incense sticks like lavender, sandalwood, rose, jasmine, or any other to keep the home atmosphere holy and invigorating. Allow the smoke from the incense stick to flow in the remotest corners as these are places of negativity and displeasing elements. Mornings will be soothing and pleasurable when you incorporate the habit of burning incense sticks in your home.
- Use Diffuser Set: Aromatic essential oil diffuser can be put into use to freshen up the home environs. In the evening, you can burn scented oils of different fragrances in the diffuser. Some of them come with tealights, ideal for creating a warm ambience. You can use a diffuser set to create a romantic atmosphere. How? Dim the lights, ignite the diffuser set and surround it with rose petals. Ceramic diffuser sets are common. Glass bottle diffuser set, metallic diffuser set in geometric shapes will add a statement touch to your interiors.
- Humidifiers: If all this while you have been thinking that diffusers and humidifiers are the same, then you are wrong my dear friend. Humidifiers are for adding moisture in the air. If your home receives a lot of dry, then you should go for a humidifier. Diffusers are for adding fragrance to the atmosphere. Humidity in air is essential for healthy survival. Low humidity levels can cause dry skin, scratchy throats and nose, itching and chapping.
- Air-Purifying Plants: The natural way to maintain your home fit and healthy for the living beings is to bring air purifying indoor plants. NASA recommended air-purifying plants eliminate from the environment toxic substances, traces of carbon monoxide, benzene, and other harmful chemicals. Some of the plants recommended by NASA are peace-lily, snake, spider, rubber, ferns, etc. Peace lily plants bear white flowers that will beautify your spaces with fragrance and colour. You can place some indoor flowering plants for sweet scents in the house.
- Air-Freshners: Occasionally, you can take help of room fresheners to keep the bad smells at bay. Bathrooms are one place where air-fresheners are most needed because of high moisture. As per the requirement, you can use the air-fresheners either once-day or twice a day. Choose smells like floral, citrus, woody as these are more strong and long-lasting. If you are hosting a home party, make sure you use fresheners for conducive vibe and mood.
- Open Windows: Closed spaces can make you feel suffocated leading to headaches. Open windows for light and fresh air. If you have trees around your home, then the cooling breeze will make your home breathable and cool, especially in summers. To filter out the dust, have wire mesh on the windows and doors.
These ideas have benefited us in many ways. Hoping it will be advantageous for you as well.